Pebble Beach Golf Resort
Pebble Beach, CA
- 15 restaurants / spa / three pools / fitness center / tennis / horseback riding
- 1700 17 Mile Dr, Pebble Beach , CA 93953
TravelogueTo hear original architect Jack Neville tell it, there wasn’t much to designing what would become the great American cathedral of public golf: “All we did was cut away a few trees, install a few sprinklers and sow a little seed.” The entire ethos of Pebble Beach Resorts follows Neville’s thinking: It’s a place built for enjoying incredible natural beauty. As a result, there’s a timeless quality to the resort — and far more than just golf. Spend any time at Pebble and you’ll notice that it’s the attention to detail that sets it apart — from the unforgettable links all the way down to the chocolate strawberries.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:Temps are moderate year-round. Explore winter deals from November through March.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$1,370
3. Golf experience:Pebble Beach is arguably the greatest public track in the world, to say nothing of Spyglass Hill and Spanish Bay.
4. Best non-golf amenity:Pebble’s cozy in-room fireplaces win us over every time.
5. While you're there:Venture into charming Carmel for dinner.
6. Insider tip:Grab a cocktail and check out the bagpiper who plays every night before sunset by the firepits at the Inn at Spanish Bay.