Pebble Beach Golf Resort
- ALSO GOOD FOR
- Best For Luxury (#1 in USA, #1 in the World)
- 15 restaurants, spa, three pools, fitness center, tennis, horseback riding
- 1700 17 Mile Dr, Pebble Beach, CA 93953
To hear original architect Jack Neville tell it, there wasn’t much to designing what would become the great American cathedral of public golf: “All we did was cut away a few trees, install a few sprinklers and sow a little seed.” The entire ethos of Pebble Beach Resorts follows Neville’s thinking: It’s a place built for enjoying incredible natural beauty. As a result, there’s a timeless quality to the resort — and far more than just golf. Spend any time at Pebble and you’ll notice that it’s the attention to detail that sets it apart — from the unforgettable links all the way down to the chocolate strawberries.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:Temps are moderate year-round. Explore winter deals from November through March.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$1,370
3. Golf experience:Pebble Beach is arguably the greatest public track in the world, to say nothing of Spyglass Hill and Spanish Bay.
4. Best non-golf amenity:Pebble’s cozy in-room fireplaces win us over every time.
5. While you're there:Venture into charming Carmel for dinner.
6. Insider tip:Grab a cocktail and check out the bagpiper who plays every night before sunset by the firepits at the Inn at Spanish Bay.