JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
San Antonio, TX
- ALSO GOOD FOR
- Seven restaurants / pool / spa
- 23808 Resort Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78261
TravelogueWhere to begin at what is the world’s largest JW Marriott (with more than 1,000 rooms) and home of the annual Texas Open PGA Tour event? Start with the massive resort pool that covers nine acres and includes water slides and a water ride. There’s also a sand beach with hundreds of chairs for sun and shade, a 26,000-square-foot spa, and a sprawling meeting space that played host to the 2019 USGA Annual Meeting. You can play in the footsteps of the pros at the Oaks Course, which hosts the PGA Tour each spring. The course was designed by Greg Norman and Sergio Garcia and opened in 2010. The Canyon course, former site of a Champions Tour event, was designed by Pete Dye and Bruce Lietzke and is a more traditional showcase of Texas Hill Country scenery.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:Spring or fall for golf, summer for families.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$419
3. Golf experience:36 holes at the TPC San Antonio, Greg Norman’s Oaks course (host of the annual Valero Texas Open) and Pete Dye’s Canyons
4. Best non-golf amenity:An 1,100-foot water ride encircles the massive pool.
5. While you're there:Don’t miss the famous San Antonio Riverwalk. A hotel shuttle handles the 30-minute drive.
6. Insider tip:Grab a stool at High Velocity, a popular on-site sports bar with plenty of TVs.