Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa
- ALSO GOOD FOR
- Three restaurants / pool / spa
- 4000 Grand Ave., Birmingham, AL 35226
TravelogueThe idea of the first true American golf trail was born in Alabama with the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail in the late 1980s, with Ross Bridge serving as one of its marquee courses. At 8,191 yards (!) from the back tees, it’s one of the longest golf courses in the U.S., but can be played from many different (read: less grueling) tee markers. Ross Bridge has played host to several professional and amateur tournaments. With its location close to the heart of Birmingham, the resort is a popular destination for meetings, spa days, golf and fun. Kick up feet in one of the hotel’s beautifully appointed guestrooms, all of which have balconies. After taking on 8,000 yards, you’ll need some R&R.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:Spring and fall are best for golf and outdoor activities.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:174
3. Golf experience:Ross Bridge Golf Course, part of the Robert Trent Jones Trail, is on site.
4. Best non-golf amenity:The Spa at Ross Bridge is a good place to get over a busy day, and the 24-hour fitness center allows you to burn off som
5. While you're there:There’s plenty to see and do in Birmingham, including the moving Civil Rights Museum. It’s a great activity for a non-go
6. Insider tip:The Ross Bridge Resort is close enough to famous Dreamland BBQ to swing by or call in for a quick plate of ribs, sauce and bread.