The Inn at Bay Harbor
Bay Harbor, MI
- ALSO GOOD FOR
- Four restaurants / pool / spa
- 3600 Village Harbor Drive, Bay Harbor, MI 49770
TravelogueNestled in the heart of Michigan’s “summer golf capital,” the Inn at Bay Harbor is an upscale golf-and-lodging wonderland. The Victorian-style facility — with its trademark red roof — is one of the newest resorts in the area, complete with a full-service spa, heated pool, fitness area and easy access to Lake Michigan. The golf is also terrific. The Inn at Bay Harbor is one of architect Arthur Hills’ most acclaimed designs with 27 holes (Links, Quarry and Preserve nines) and endless views of the water and the surrounding hardwoods. Wooden flagsticks with triangular flags complete the rustic feel. Also be sure to carve out some time for Crooked Tree Golf Club, which more than lives up to it name with classic tree-lined fairways. Both courses are within three miles of The Inn at Bay Harbor.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:Summer and early fall for golf; winter for skiing.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$270
3. Golf experience:27 holes at the Inn at Bay Harbor overlooking Lake Michigan and 18 at Crooked Tree Golf Club.
4. Best non-golf amenity:Lots of water sports around Lake Michigan, which surrounds the resort.
5. While you're there:Mackinac, a carefree island and the site of several movie shoots, is just 45 minutes north of the Inn.
6. Insider tip:Check out the historic town of Petoskey and the nearby Gas Light District.