Taboo Muskoka Resort & Club
- ALSO GOOD FOR
- Two restaurants / private lakefront and beach / tennis / pools / fitness center
- 1209 Muskoka Beach Road, Gravenhurst, NA P1P 1R1
TravelogueThe perfect destination to escape your normal routine, Taboo Muskoka may be located only 100 miles north of Toronto, but it feels like you're in another world. Take in the panoramic beauty of the rugged landscape, laced with white pines and dramatic pink granite outcroppings on the challenging Taboo golf course. Have the family with you? Then challenge each other on the fun nine-holer Sands course, saving time for a trip to the scenic lake. Whether you're lounging on the beach or boating on the water, there's no better place to enjoy the natural splendor of this stunning and secluded corner of the world.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:Summer, when “Cottage Country” pops with color.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$390
3. Golf experience:The 18-hole Taboo Course is among the best in Canada. The 19th challenge hole and 9-hole Sands course are fun for all ages.
4. Best non-golf amenity:The Taboo margarita at the new Bar 19 at the Upper Deck.
5. While you're there:Take advantage of the Taboo Adventure Center, which arranges daily group hikes and bonfires.
6. Insider tip:Kayak down Hoc Roc River to experience the full natural beauty of Muskoka.