Rosewood Mayakoba Resort
Playa Del Carmen, Mexico, NA
- ALSO GOOD FOR
- Six restaurants / spa / tennis / fitness center / beaches
- Ctra. Federal Cancún-Playa del Carmen Km 298, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico, NA
TravelogueIf you’re looking for an escape from the cold monotony of winter up north, look no further than a trip to the Riviera Maya and dreamy, lively Playa del Carmen. The Rosewood Mayakoba is the rare resort that guarantees access to an actual PGA Tour course plus a beach that may be even better. A morning trip around the Greg Norman design will send you winding inland through Mayan jungle and all the way out alongside the Gulf of Mexico. Sunsets are stunning here, too — but you’ll have to make the decision between another 18 or heading to the beach. A day away from the course might look something like this: A morning trip to the fitness center followed by a visit to Sense, a holistic Rosewood spa located on its own island, removed from the bustle of the rest of the resort. By the afternoon, you’re ready to catch a wave, hit around a beach volleyball and then retreat to the adults-only Aqui Me Quedo pool, where signature drinks await. The only thing you’ll be pondering by the fire pit that evening is why you ever have to leave.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:Escape winter chills for a visit to the Riviera Maya.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$874
3. Golf experience:The Greg Norman-designed El Camaleón, the first Mexican course to hold a PGA Tour event.
4. Best non-golf amenity:The beaches of Playa del Carmen are internationally renowned.
5. While you're there:Head to the nearby Mayan ruins and get a sense of what this all was before its transformation to indulgent oasis.
6. Insider tip:Perfect photo op? The dramatic cenote (sinkhole) in the center of the fairway on El Camaleón’s first hole.