Hamilton Parish, Bermuda, NA
- ALSO GOOD FOR
- Five restaurants / spa / tennis / six pools
- 60 Tuckers Point Drive, Hamilton Parish, Bermuda, NA HS 02
TravelogueA $25 million renovation in 2018 elevated the luxuriousness of this resort on the colorful island of Bermuda. Elegant rooms with charming British touches look out onto the island’s largest private beach. The resort’s golf offering — Tucker’s Point Golf Course — was built by Charles Bank in 1932 but overhauled by Roger Rulewich in 2002. Its 1930s roots are reflected in numerous blind shots (study the GPS screen in your cart carefully!), and the fairways can get narrow, so bring an extra sleeve or two. You won’t soon forget two par 4s: the ninth, where the approach requires a carry over a huge chasm, and the 17th, with its views of both the ocean and the group of houses known as Millionaire’s Row in Tucker's Town. Kids can learn the game via Junior Golf Academy sessions, or head out on the course in a special family cart that accommodates a foursome and four sets of clubs. There’s also a family-friendly layout near the resort’s tennis courts, with holes from 20-50 yards.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:If you prefer temps in the low 70s, try March and April
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$895
3. Golf experience:Elevated tees and mesmerizing views of the Atlantic Ocean on a layout originally laid out by Charles Banks in 1932.
4. Best non-golf amenity:For kids, it’s the Rosewood Explorers program that will keep them busy during summer visits with swimming and science.
5. While you're there:You'll learn all about rum during a special tasting held on Fridays at the resort’s Conservatory Bar.
6. Insider tip:Tee times at the lauded Mid Ocean Club are available to resort guests on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.