- ALSO GOOD FOR
- Six restaurants / spa / tennis / pool / beach
- 1 Ritz Carlton Drive, Maui, HI 96761
TravelogueNestled within the sprawling 22,000-acre enclave that encompasses the Kapalua Resort area, the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua has a glamorous feel. The breezy, open-air atrium that greets you upon your arrival seems to immediately say, ahhh, you’re on vacation! The rooms themselves are tastefully appointed in Ritz-Carlton style, with a touch of tropical influence. In addition to offering a spa inspired by traditional Hawaiian traditions, the resort features six onsite restaurants and perhaps the most Instagram-friendly pool complex on the island. If feeling the sand between your toes is more your thing, skip the pool and head straight to the resort’s beach, just a short walk away. Activities abound, such as hiking, snorkeling, paddle boarding and even zip-lining. When it comes to golf, you can’t go wrong with the Kapalua Bay and Plantation courses. The Bay course offers a friendlier test, with relatively flat greens and resort-course ambiance. The Plantation, which annually hosts the PGA Tour, is a scenic brute. The iconic course is currently undergoing a multi-million-dollar enhancement and is scheduled to reopen in November 2019.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:Year-round. Prioritize spring or late fall for smaller crowds.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$600
3. Golf experience:Of Kapalua’s courses, the Plantation, which hosts the PGA Tour’s Sentry Tournament of Champions, offers the toughest test.
4. Best non-golf amenity:The Kapalua Coastal Trail, which you can access from the resort.
5. While you're there:Book a sunset dinner reservation at the Banyan Tree.
6. Insider tip:A club-level room offers free nibbles, evening hors d’oeuvres and oceanview drinking.