The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
- ALSO GOOD FOR
- Six restaurants / spa / pool / outdoor actives
- 0130 Daybreak Ridge Road, Avon, CO 81620
TravelogueLuxury lodging in a natural Rocky Mountain setting has proven to be a winning combination at this five-star resort just outside Beaver Creek and Vail. There is no end of things to do here, but the main attraction in the winter months is world-class skiing at nearby Beaver Creek Mountain. When you’re done with the slopes for the day, treatments in the spa (featuring a stone-lined grotto) will help soothe sore muscles, while comfort food and campfires will get you ready for another session. Grab a nightcap in Buffalos gastropub. In the summer, the natural beauty of Bachelor Gulch takes over — be sure to take a guided nature walk. There are two offerings at the nearby Red Sky Golf Club available to Bachelor Gulch guests: a Greg Norman course that is regarded as one of his best designs and a second course by Tom Fazio. Both are long on views and challenge.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:Summer for golf; winter for a luxury ski experience.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$391
3. Golf experience:A highly-rated Greg Norman design at Red Sky GC.
4. Best non-golf amenity:The ski-in, ski-out luxury and convenience of the nearby Beaver Creek Mountain.
5. While you're there:A quick trip to Vail Village, the original upscale Colorado ski village.
6. Insider tip:The resort’s Executive Chef hosts a personal farm-to-table family-style dinner every Wednesday night.