FarmLinks at Pursell Farms
- Three restaurants / pool / spa / outdoor activities
- 386 Talladega Springs Rd. , AL 35151
TravelogueThe idea of turning a family farm into an oasis of hospitality may not have occurred to many, but David and Ellen Pursell made it work to the benefit of all. They converted buildings on their property in south-central Alabama that dates to 1830, added lodging and brought in the Hurdzan-Fry Golf Design team to build an outstanding 18-hole championship course which can host both tournaments and buddies looking to get away for a couple of days. Pursell Farms is also a great option for non-golfers in your group. There is the Orvis shooting grounds (one of only three in the country) along with a UTV mountain tour experience, horseback riding, plus mountaintop yoga overlooking the bucolic Marble Valley and spa. Fishing and fly fishing instruction are also on offer on the 3,200-acre spread dotted with Longhorn cattle, oaks and pines
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:Spring and fall are the best time for golf and outdoor activities.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$199
3. Golf experience:A clever Hurdzan-Fry design on a former family farm.
4. Best non-golf amenity:Who doesn’t want to embrace their inner country roots with a visit to the gun range?
5. While you're there:If you come in the fall, play 18 at Pursell then take resort transportation to nearby Auburn University for a game.
6. Insider tip:The resort is the family homestead of David and Ellen Pursell. If you ask nice enough, they might give you a personal home tour or an Orvis fishing or shooting trip.