Omni Bedford Springs Resort
- ALSO GOOD FOR
- Five restaurants / spa / tennis / pool / fitness center / meeting space
- 2138 Business 220, Bedford, PA 15522
TravelogueIf you seeking to leave the hectic modern world behind and transport yourself to the idyllic past — all without sacrificing any modern conveniences — Omni Bedford Springs Resort awaits. A National Historic Landmark, the resort has been pampering presidents, celebrities and vacationers for more than a century. Play a round on one of the oldest golf courses in the country, carved into its pastoral Pennsylvania setting by legendary golf course architects (Donald Ross, Spencer Oldham and A.W. Tillinghast all left their marks here). Then relax in the spa as water washes over you from the property's ancient mineral springs that have drawn visitors to this sacred spot for thousands of years. After treating yourself to one of several fine-dining restaurants within the resort, retire to the stunning main hotel building, which underwent a $120 million renovation in 2007 that restored it to its historic grandeur, while outfitting it with top-notch modern amenities.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:Late spring and early fall.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$360
3. Golf experience:One of oldest courses in the country designed by two of our greatest architects: Donald Ross and A.W. Tillinghast.
4. Best non-golf amenity:The 30,000-square-foot Springs Eternal Spa utilizes mineral-rich water from natural springs that run under the resort.
5. While you're there:Treat yourself to the spa.
6. Insider tip:Take a scenic 20-minute drive to beautiful Shawnee State Park to hike and soak up the gorgeous mountain views or swim in 451-acre Shawnee Lake.