Kiawah Island Golf Resort
Kiawah Island, SC
- ALSO GOOD FOR
- 15 restaurants and bars / fitness center / spa / pool / tennis
- 1 Sanctuary Beach Drive, Kiawah Island, SC 29455
TravelogueKiawah Island, about 20 miles from Charleston, epitomizes the beauty of South Carolina's Low Country, and the Palmetto trees and Spanish moss lend somewhat of a cinematic aesthetic to the experience. The sublime, oceanfront Sanctuary Hotel anchors five golf courses and a mix of villas and homes, with an endless supply of activities and adventures for guests to explore. The golf menu at Kiawah Island is mind-blowing: the Ocean Course by Pete Dye, Osprey Point by Tom Fazio, Turtle Point by Jack Nicklaus, Cougar Point by Gary Player and Oak Point by Clyde Johnson. The Ocean Course garners the lion's share of attention, but the other four courses have grown more popular thanks to a bevy of renovations and improvements. Play all five on your visit and you'll bag enough memories to last a lifetime.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:Late spring and late fall. April-October gets very busy.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$235
3. Golf experience:Five golf courses, the crown jewel being the Pete Dye-designed Ocean Course, a must-play for any PGA Tour fan.
4. Best non-golf amenity:Kiawah's 10-mile stretch of sandy shoreline ranks among the best in the world, earning numerous awards each year.
5. While you're there:If you're into bait and tackle, the Inshore Fishing Charter takes you to the best spots in the Low Country.
6. Insider tip:The resort offers a full slate of outdoor activities. Your kids' phones, game consoles and tablets don't stand a chance.