Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
- ALSO GOOD FOR
- Four restaurants / spa / tennis / pool / beach
- 3900 Wailea Alanui Drive, Kihei, HI 96753
TravelogueThere are few things that feel more luxurious than checking into a Four Seasons on the island of Maui. The property itself is spectacular: large enough to feel grand, yet small enough to feel intimate. Each guest room includes a private lanai, and while the resort offers many couples-centric activities, the on-property “Kids for All Seasons” programs for youngsters aged 5-12 ensures your little vacationers will be entertained as well. A well-appointed spa, complimentary cabanas and three saltwater pools add depth to the obvious top resort amenity: the beach. On-site dining options abound, highlighted by Wolfgang Puck’s Spago, DUO Steak and Seafood (a poolside option that offers complimentary cotton candy for dessert) and Wailea’s only oceanfront restaurant, Ferraro’s. While there is no golf onsite, the three courses that comprise Wailea Golf Club are only a mile away. The panoramic ocean views from the Gold, Emerald and Blue courses are enchanting, but if you want a stiffer challenge, take a spin around the Gold course, which formerly hosted the likes of Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Tom Watson during its Champions Tour Skins Game heyday from 2001-07.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:Year-round. Spring or late fall offer more temperate weather.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$740
3. Golf experience:Of Wailea’s three courses — Gold, Emerald and Blue — the Robert Trent Jones II–designed Gold offers the sternest test.
4. Best non-golf amenity:The ultra-fun game room, where you can bring out your inner kid.
5. While you're there:Latch onto the resort’s complimentary scuba lessons.
6. Insider tip:Check out the “value rates” for dates in Aug., Sept. and Nov