Four Seasons Resort Lana’i
- ALSO GOOD FOR
- Nine restaurants and bars / spa / pool / fitness center
- 1 Manele Bay Rd., Lana'i, HI 96763
TravelogueTo experience Lana’i is to step back in time — and into bliss. The resort’s expansive, sanctuary-like entryway is open and breezy and looks out on two lagoon-style pools and Hulopoe Bay. There are a variety of gorgeous trails, including one that leads to Jack Nicklaus’s Manele course. While the most distinctive feature of the track is its stunning par-3 12th, which is bisected by a chasm that falls into the bay, the entire course meanders around lava outcroppings and offers beautiful views of the Pacific. The resort recently began hosting yoga experiences near Manele’s 18th green, adding to a list of activities that range from snorkeling to off-roading. Nine restaurants and bars are headlined by One Forty, which offers one of the most impressive breakfast buffets you’ll ever enjoy; Malibu Farms, a go-to lunch spot between the pool and the bay; and Nobu, which is as premium as you’d expect considering the quality and richness found in every inch of this resort. Nicklaus Companies and GOLF.com are affiliates of 8AM Golf.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:Year-round; prioritize fall through spring when heat and humidity are most manageable.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$1,000
3. Golf experience:The Jack Nicklaus Signature Manele Golf Course is considered one of Hawaii’s strongest layouts.
4. Best non-golf amenity:Nobu Lana'i's delicious Japanese-Hawaiian fusion creations, from sushi to Wagyu beef.
5. While you're there:Put your foot down on its incredible walking trails.
6. Insider tip:Citi Prestige cardholders get a free fourth night when booking three.