- ALSO GOOD FOR
- Private cottages / two restaurants / putting course / Toptracer Range
- 7169 County Rd O, Erin, WI 53027
TravelogueA serious test of golf and serenity. That’s what you get on this bucolic swath of land. The brutish course — site of the 2017 U.S. Open won by Brooks Koepka — is worth the trip alone. If you’re up to the test, most of Erin Hills’ stay-and-play packages include a complimentary second round — the ultimate two-for-one deal. Match finish in a tie? No worries. Settle your bets on the 18-hole Drumlin, a new putting course that opened in 2019 and is lit for evening showdowns. That means meaningful nine-footers can still be made at 9 p.m. If Mother Nature obliges, your best night will be spent outdoors around a fire pit, Guinness in hand, as the sun sets over the rolling course. Rest up in the Irish country-inn-style main Lodge or one of the property’s quaint cottages. Learn more about Erin Hills in our Field Guide feature here.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:Summer is the perfect time for Wisconsin golf.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$460
3. Golf experience:Re-create your own Brooks Koepka moment at the 2017 U.S. Open host course.
4. Best non-golf amenity:Irish Pub & Terrace
5. While you're there:Get cozy with the caddies in the caddie barn — you won't forget it.
6. Insider tip:Overnight guests get access to the 5-hole Kettle Loop.