Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve Resort
Dorado, Puerto Rico, NA
- ALSO GOOD FOR
- Two restaurants / spa / pool / beaches
- 100 Dorado Beach Drive, Dorado, Puerto Rico, NA 00646
TravelogueAn original Rockefeller resort when it opened in the ’50s, Dorado Beach partnered with Ritz-Carlton in 2018 to become the only Ritz-Carlton Reserve in the Western Hemisphere. The RTJ-designed tracks — Sugarcane and East — have long been the calling card for golf vacationers in Puerto Rico. The resort takes guest experiences to another level — an elite one. The food is exquisite, thanks to top chef Mario Pagan. And indicative of the resort’s one-of-a-kind offerings is the spa’s treehouse-like massage setting. Be sure to make time to see the five-bedroom Su Casa, an original, restored 1920s villa on the 50-acre property.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:Late fall into winter and early spring.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$804
3. Golf experience:Two classic Robert Trent Jones Sr. designs.
4. Best non-golf amenity:The private plunge pool outside many rooms.
5. While you're there:Take a trip to the walled city of Old San Juan with a local guide.
6. Insider tip:An outdoor shower while listening to the pounding ocean surf is a divine experience.