Colonial Williamsburg Resort
- 45 holes
- Five Hotels / 21 restaurants / spas / pools
- 310 S England St , VA 23185
TravelogueHistory is what they’re selling at Colonial Williamsburg, but as you’re learning about one of America’s first colonies, you can create your own. There’s a huge variety of lodging choices, ranging from Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star, AAA Five Diamond luxury guests rooms to authentic colonial homes that accommodate every budget. Families and couples alike will delight in the many amenities on offer (tennis, a relaxing spa, and guided tours, to name a few), and of course, there's also an abundance of great golf. The Colonial Williamsburg Resort's Golden Horseshoe Golf Club features two 18-hole Jones family-designed courses: The Green (Rees Jones, 1991) and the Gold (Robert Trent Jones Sr., 1963; renovated by Rees in 2017). For family fun, you can take a spin around the short nine-holer, Spotswood, also designed by Jones Sr. After your round, indulge your inner history buff (and entertain the kids!) with over 20 guided and self-guided tours of Colonial Williamsburg, including art museums and spooky “Ghost Walks.” And don’t forget to cap the experience with a leisurely 18th century-style horse-drawn carriage or ox wagon ride.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:April through Oct. is best for great golf and weather.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$150 per person, per night (based on double occupancy).
3. Golf experience:45 holes at the Golden Horseshoe Club, courtesy of Robert Trent Jones Sr. and his son, Rees.
4. Best non-golf amenity:Jamestown, Yorktown, Colonial Williamsburg.
5. While you're there:Enjoy a carriage ride through the entirety of Virginia’s most one-of-a-kind resort.
6. Insider tip:Bring the kids for a history lesson — with period actors — they will actually enjoy.