Nassau, The Bahamas, NA
- ALSO GOOD FOR
- Seven restaurants / spa & fitness center / equestrian / two pools / private beach
- 127 S Ocean Road, Nassau, The Bahamas, NA
TravelogueYou might know Albany only as the host of Tiger Woods’s Hero World Challenge, but its primary role is to serve as a luxurious oceanside getaway. Owned by billionaire Joe Lewis, along with Woods, Ernie Els and Justin Timberlake, the gated 600-acre community opened in 2010. Most of the residential properties at Albany — from the colonial-style ocean-front villas to the super-slick apartments that overlook a yacht-filled marina — are available for rent on a nightly basis, making it a swank destination for those in the know. Els designed the par-72, 7,400-yard course, which offers a balance of windswept dunes, desert features and water hazards. Surrounding the course is a 400-yard driving range, a pristine short-game practice area, and a fully-equipped swing performance center. Dining options range from casual and poolside to gourmet and high-end. Private beaches, two pools (one for kids and another for adults), an equestrian center, luxurious spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and art gallery cement Albany’s oasis status. Don’t be surprised if you spot a celeb in the gym or relaxing poolside — it’s that kind of place.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:Year-round; prioritize fall, winter and spring.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$2,500
3. Golf experience:The Ernie Els-designed course combines the best of links and desert features with windswept dunes and water.
4. Best non-golf amenity:The two pools, one featuring winding slides and another adult-only option that offers ultimate pampering.
5. While you're there:Ogle the gorgeous (and expensive) yachts in Albany Marina. Maybe you'll even see Tiger's.
6. Insider tip:A studio near the marina is where Justin Timberlake has been laying down tracks.