9 ways to pretend like it’s actually still Masters week
This is a sad, sad week for golf fans everywhere. But with the announcement of new Masters dates, we can take comfort in the fact that a 2020 Masters Tournament will likely still happen— sans azaleas. In the meantime, reruns and simulations can only get us so far, so check out this list of other ways to pretend like it’s still Masters week.
1. Pick a day to fully unplug from all your devices and strictly watch a rerun from your favorite Masters year.
2. Begin all of your Zoom calls and Facetimes with the phrase “Hello Friends.”
3. Make your own champions dinner with Tiger’s would-be selections. Since we didn’t get the final verdict on the milkshakes, I’d just go ahead and assume they’re included—we deserve that at least.
4. Go on a drive and when you pull back into your driveway, pretend it’s Magnolia Lane. It might be easier to use your imagination if you’re simultaneously playing the Masters theme song.
5. Make a mini-golf course around your house to mimic the Masters Par-3 Contest. If you have kids, dress them in all white outfits with green hats.
6. Wear whatever Masters stuff you have. Hat, polo, t-shirt, etc.—now is the time to deck yourself out in all of the gear.
7. Make an egg salad sandwich for lunch. I got this from Trader Joe’s, and while it’s not Augusta’s finest, it’s still pretty good. Pair with a chocolate chip cookie for good measure.
8. Own a green blazer? Maybe break that out over your everyday WFH hoodie this week.
9. Lucky enough to have any Masters cups? Drink exclusively from them all week.
To receive GOLF’s all-new newsletters, subscribe for free here.