Grand View Lodge
- ALSO GOOD FOR
- Two (One 27 holes)
- 11 restaurants / spa / tennis / pools / beachfront / events
- 23521 Nokomis Ave, Nisswa, MN 56468
TravelogueTwo hours north of the Twin Cities in Minnesota’s Northwoods, Grand View Lodge offers a sublime retreat that boasts 45 holes of championship golf: 18 at The Preserve (a few miles off property) and 27 at The Pines, which has three beautifully distinct nine-hole layouts in the Woods, Lakes and Marsh. The Preserve’s elevation changes (all five sets of tees were renovated in 2015) provide more dramatic views than the Pines, but both courses are well-conditioned and weave through towering pines with blind shots and tricky approaches around every turn. The resort’s signature hole is the short par-3 7th at the Lakes, which has water left and a steep hill, complete with railroad ties, sloping toward the green on the right. Carve out time to have lunch, dinner or a drink on the clubhouse deck at The Preserve, which provides a camera-worthy 19th-hole view. Or grab the family and spend the day at the beach, where you can bounce seamlessly between the lake, indoor pools and splash pads and several restaurants. The resort recently finished a $55-million expansion and unveiled a two-story boutique hotel, a new indoor/outdoor recreation center, a wedding chapel and more lodging and restaurant options.
6 things you need to know
1. Best time to go:Do you want golf and the beach or a snowy adventure? This is a golf site, so let’s settle on June through August.
2. Daily stay-and-plays start at:$250
3. Golf experience:The two championship courses (one with three different nines) are among the best public tracks in Minnesota.
4. Best non-golf amenity:Tranquil pontoon cruises fill up fast, so get on the list and enjoy.
5. While you're there:Enjoy a relaxing afternoon with beer or wine tasting, or head a few miles down the road to Nisswa and shop until you drop.
6. Insider tip:In the spring and fall there are golf-packages galore. Bring extra layers and get big savings.